Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have GOT to get out more!

Today is a really nice day here (as a matter of fact, we have had more nice days here in the mid south central than cold days this winter, thank goodness!), so I let the cat out into the back yard alone for a while. She has never tried to get out or run away or anything so I felt it was safe.

I went to check on her after a little bit and she was doing a trapeze walk on the fence. One little hop and she would have been in the front yard and gone. I nearly tripped right out of my Crocs getting out to get her.

I grabbed her, scolding her as I stomped into the house.

Keep in mind that I was alone in the house (except for the cat and dog) and here I was talking to (actually yelling at) the cat!

This is what I found myself saying to her (I don't remember verbatim, but it was along these lines):

"Shame on you, young lady! I know you think you are old enough to go out and find some males, but it is not going to happen. Not while you are under MY roof! I know what will happen. You will get out, be gone for days, then come back pregnant. And what if you have 4, or 5, or even 6 babies? Do you really think you will be willing to change litter boxes and feed them after they are 6 weeks old? Oh, no. It will be ME who has to deal with it. And if you think I am going to raise my grandkittens, you are wrong little girl. It will NOT be happening! And who will pay the bill if something goes wrong? They don't have kitty medicaid for single cat moms!"

And what does she do? She, looks right at me, then primly turns around and marches into the bathroom, climbs in the litter box and takes a big one.

Just what do you think she was trying to say to me? Well, I can tell you right now, if she thinks for one minute..........

Oh, God, I REALLY need to get out of this house.




-

1 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Ooh, girl. You need a VACATION!!!
(I talk to my cat too, about many things. Shh... don't tell anyone)