Friday, February 13, 2009

Flashback Friday-Pass the Squid, Please!

(Note: I made myself this little graphic for my flashbacks! Yeah I know the shading leaves a little to be desired, but I was hurrying to get it done this week. So if you don't like it, bite me. And I mean that in the nicest way.)


While The Tomboy has a wicked sense of humor, The Princess has always been a bit, well, empty headed, if you get my meaning. (I was going to say BLONDE, but I didn't want to offend any of my pitifully few readers! Love you guys, by the way :o) :o)

We went out to dinner at a seafood restaurant one night when The Princess was about 14 or 15 years old. We were all sitting there with our menus and Rat Man was regaling us with a story from one of his many trips out of town.

He was telling us that when he went to a restaurant in the Sears Tower that he ordered calamari which, of course, is SQUID (and why you would eat that is beyond me. He has even had SHARK **shudder**......but once again, I digress). When he ordered it, he was assuming that it was cut up, breaded and fried. But he was VERY mistaken.

I was only about half listening to him, studying my menu, trying to decide between the shrimp scampi and grilled shrimp when I halfway heard him comment on the squid.

"It was all slimy and still had its tentacles."

I didn't quite catch what he had said, so I looked up with a "Hmmm?" He didn't hear me. So I asked him again what he had said, to which The Princess LOUDLY proclaims (just as the waitress reaches the table, no less) "He said it still had its testicles!"

I thought the waitress was going to pee her pants. I wanted to slide under the table. And then to top it off Rat Man, not missing a beat says very calmly "Now THAT would be something to see."

In case you are wondering, I had the grilled shrimp, but that seems kinda anti-climactic now, huh?


-

1 comments:

Fragrant Liar said...

Hahahahaha. The testicles are still attached. Too funny. I'd have ordered the steak.