Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's Hear it for the Rat Man

My hubby is, well, I don’t want to call him an asshole, but basically….yeah….that is what he is. A long time ago someone gave him the nickname "Rat" because his first and last initials are "r" and "t" respectively, and they used the "a" in the middle to stand for (you guessed it, you genius you!) ASSHOLE. Eventually "Rat" turned into "Rat Man", so for the purposes of this blog, he will be called by that hard-earned, proudly-worn moniker!

Of course when I say "asshole" I mean that as a term of endearment. Rat Man and I have been married for 21 years and we dated for 3 years before that. So I think it is pretty safe to say that we are pretty committed to each other. (Or maybe we should just BE committed for putting up with each other that long.)

He has a quick wit and an awesome sense of humor; not to mention that he works hard, can do just about anything he sets his mind to, does his best to understand me, and refers to himself as "Daddy" to the dog and cat. Who wouldn’t love him? He is forever making jokes, and no matter how bad of a mood I am in (which happens quite often) he can make me laugh.

He can take the most mundane of situations and turn them into something totally hilarious.
We were watching TV the other night and a commercial came on for one of those new pet paw grooming things. This one was the "PediPaws".

Rat Man: "I wonder if those things really work the way they claim."

Me: "I don’t know, but I do see tons of them selling on Ebay."

Rat Man: "I think I should invent my own version of it and get in on the action!"

Me: (Mumbling something like "That’s nice, dear.")

Rat Man: "Hey! We could call it "The PediFile!" Encouraged by my exasperated eye rolling, he went on, "We could get Michael Jackson as our spokesperson!"

I never said his humor wasn't sick.

0 comments: