Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let the Insanity Begin!

I was on the phone the other day with my sister and she and I were musing aloud the necessity that those that blog seem to feel to share their views, ideas, thoughts and opinions with the world. Is that born of narcissism? Out of a need to be heard? What makes us do this?

I know that the answer for me is this: There are times when I look around and I see so much ignorance, so much waste, so much absolute total stupidity that I feel like screaming. I sometimes think if I don't scream I will explode. So for the sake of those that would have to clean up the mess, I'll try to do my screaming here instead.

I started a blog several months ago. My youngest daughter had just moved out, I was feeling the "empty nest" thing and I thought I should do something constructive. I got the blog all set up and suddenly realized that I didn't know what to say. I don't think it was that I didn't have something to say, I just didn't know where to begin. I would just sit and stare at my computer screen and think, "Well, I guess I really have no life anymore." Yeah, it was pathetic.

So what I have to say may not be popular, or enlightening, or even coherent most of the time, but who knows? I may just come up with something that people will want to read, and surprise myself!

0 comments: