Sunday, October 26, 2008

Some Names Have Been Changed to Protect the Irritating

I have been thinking about what nicknames I will give to my 2 daughters when I write about them here. My oldest daughter (she will be 21 on Nov. 9th), has done some pageants in the past and has several crowns, so nicknaming her "The Princess" (which also will give you some insight to her character) wasn't much of a stretch.

My youngest (she is 19) on the other hand, I am having trouble with. She was always the "tomboy", and coming up with something for her isn't as easy. You have to remember she is also a smart ass just like her father. I don't think I have EVER met a father and daughter who are more alike in personality.

She stopped by here today and she was in her usual wise-ass form. I had mentioned to her earlier that I was struggling trying to decide on nicknames for them for the blog. She was being such a brat that I said:

"I think I have the nicknames for you and your sister for my blog. I think I will use 'The Princess' and 'The Bitch'.

She just looked at me with a little smirk and said "Why does she get TWO names?"

Okay, so I wouldn't REALLY refer to my child as "The Bitch" for this blog, but I am sure you can see why I would be tempted to do so.



-

3 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Haha! My parents and I have such a wonderful relationship... Dad calls me "Meat-head" and my mom calls me "The bitch in training".. Lovely, isn't it? I found your blog a few days ago through the "Boobs Injuries and Dr. Pepper" comments section. You are hilarious! So, I have an award for you on my blog! :)

kandi-itsmyblog said...

Oh, Lana! That is SOOOO sweet of you! I am so flattered!

If you think Crystal is funny and then you tell ME that, then that really means a lot to me because Crystal is my IDOL. lol I can't even BEGIN to be as funny, talented or utterly gifted with the written word as Crystal is! But I do have to admit, she was my inspiration for this blog!

I am going to check your blog out too!

Again, I am just so flattered, I just can't get over that:o) Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Smart ass works, right? :D

Love your layout, love your blog!