Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Diversity" is the Spice of Life

Well, I didn't actually watch Britains Got Talent but there was enough buzz to generate some interest so I did visit the site occasionally.

Although Susan Boyle was favored to win, and she is just an amazing singer (and was quite a surprise) I knew she was up against a tough competitor as soon as I laid eyes on the extremely innovative dance group Diversity. If you have not seen them dance, you, my friend are MISSING OUT. This group of young men are BEYOND AWSOME! I told hubby last night that I would love to see them win, and they took the prize!

I do hope that Susan Boyle is offered a singing contract though, and likely she will be, but you have to admit that Diversity deserved THIS prize.

I hope to see more of them in the future. If nothing else, just to see what they come up with next.

Watch their audition here: http://talent.itv.com/videos/playlist/id_36.htm

Watch their semi-final performance here: http://talent.itv.com/videos/playlist/id_36.htm

And there is a third, final and just as FABULOUS one here: http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200288.htm

The performances aren't that long, won't take much time from your life, and I can ASSURE you they will not disappoint! As a matter of fact, you might just take the time to watch them again!

Congrats Diversity! And Susan Boyle, thank you for letting us nearly-40-year-olds know that your dreams should never die just because you happen to be a certain age! I wish you nothing but the very best!

Congrats to all of you!


-

0 comments: