Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If you pray, chant, dance naked around a bonfire....

-

....whatever you do, please do it for our little one.

My neice gave birth today in an emergency C-section because she had begun hard contractions. They couldn't stop the contractions and with fears of her uterus rupturing from her 2 previous C-sections, they had to perform an emergency one at about 5:30 pm.

Little Daxton is 19 days premature (at the least and the doctors suspect he may be even more premature than that), and he weighed in at a whopping 6lbs 6oz and he is a whole 17 inches long. He is such a tiny little thing. He is having some breathing problems, they have him in an oxygen tent, but if he has not improved by morning they will be taking him to neo natal, 30 miles away, in a different hospital, while my poor neice will stay in her hospital without him. She has yet to hold and breastfeed her baby.

Please, whether it is praying, or chanting, or whatever it is you do, and to whomever you pray, send up a few for our newest little family member. We love him and want to get to know him soon. And please pass along my request if you would.

I will post updates if anyone is interested in them.

And there is a story that I read today that is just AMAZING and gives me hope that our baby isn't so sick after all. You gotta read this! It is truly an AWESOME story, you just won't believe it!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32355096

Thanks everyone!

-

1 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

I'm definitely praying! (Heck,I'll dance naked around a bonfire too.... now that I have permission!)

I wish the best for the new little one, and comfort in his parent's hearts that all will be okay!