Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gag me with a spoon!

Now. I’m. Pissed.

Did you know that there are rumors swirling around that there are plans in the works to make a new Footloose??? (Wait! Was that a collective "Jump back!?!?!" that I just heard?)

And the REALLY bad thing is (brace yourself) Zac "I-am-Really-a-Girl" Efron has been tapped to play Ren McCormick! Yes, I know.....I know....relax....breathe....find your bliss....find your bliss.....it's gonna be okay.....

Uh, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t Ren really kind of a bad ass? How do you translate "Bad Ass" into "Zac 'Makes-Me-Want-to-Yack' Efron"? That would be like getting Clay Aiken to play John McClane!

You know, Footloose wasn’t just MADE in the ‘80s, it WAS the '80s. It was what we were all about! That era was MY era. And to just toss the original aside, and "remake" it like it is so much garbage, well that is just plain WRONG.

What will it be next? Dirty Dancing? Sixteen Candles? Pretty in Pink? Or, (God forbid!) Weird Science? If that happens then it will be clear proof to me that there really is no justice (or taste) left in the world.

I wonder if there is a support group for this kind of thing???


--

3 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Say WHAT?! NOOOOOO!!! I was 6 or 7 when that movie came out. Having a sister who is 7 years older than me, we watched that movie over and over and over! I was addicted to it! No remake will ever come close!
My 15 yr old niece is always going on and on about Zac Efron... She gets mad when I tell her I don't know who he is. I really don't have a clue!
I hope the remake BOMBS!!

kandi-itsmyblog said...

Lana, we will have to form our own support group to deal with this. I just don't know if I can *sniff* handle it!

Oh, and Zac Efron is the lead in the High School Musical movies.

How do you go from that to "Footloose"? What will he be in next. The lead in "Westside Story" or "Rebel Without a Cause"? Why don't we just ruin all the classics while we are at it?

Yeah I think we should get the chairs in a circle and start holding hands, 'cause I don't think I can handle it!

Let's jump in my car and go to Hollywood and stage a protest!

ctiger said...

And then there were 3 or are we up to 4? See it just takes one person to link you and you have all kinds of readers. Great job. And as for the remake..........oh heaven help us!! The originals are always better then any remake could possibly be.

Chris