Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Me Likey!

It's official. No one has a sense of humor. I for one find this commercial (http://www.arbys.com/features) H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. The first time I saw it, I laughed so hard I nearly fell of the couch.

I cannot believe the amount of attention it is getting on the internet STILL after so many weeks, and I cannot believe that people are upset by it. First of all, yes it is aimed at ADULTS. That doesn't mean that kids can't see it. How many 5-year-olds are going to understand the symbolism of the hat going "boing". And yeah, your teen will probably "get it", if they don't then someone needs to sit them down for a talk. I would probably snicker at them if they got red faced, but I am a bitch like that.

The thing is that Arby's is so loving the attention; so those of you bitching about it, you are doing them a big favor just like you always do when you get all stupid about things that don't, in the end, matter all that much. The commercial did just what they set out for it to do; get noticed. And most normal human beings without bugs up their butts are going to find it funny. Those that don't are going to get it a lot of attention it wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

How many times do groups of parents get all riled up about some artist's song lyrics and suddenly the song hits number one and goes triple platinum. Duh.

Lighten up folks. Life is WAAAAY too short.

Suddenly I am hungry for a roast beef sandwich with au jus.


-

2 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute! I love it! People are getting their panties in a twist because of THIS commercial, but don't bat an eye while subjecting their pre teen daughters and sons to anerexic looking women scantily clad in underwear commercials???
Sheesh.
AND...
YAY!! You're back!! ☺

kandi-itsmyblog said...

Yeah, and music videos where they are practically having sex right there on the screen. THAT disgusts me.

That commercial is F-U-N-N-Y!

Good to be back!